Re: [LUG] git hub problems

On 17/05/13 13:27, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
> https://github.com/zleap/test
>

> I am trying to create a new repository on git hub
>
> i have created a new directory flocally and done the following
>
> |touch README.md
> git init
> git add README.md
> git commit -m "first commit"
> git remote add origin https://github.com/zleap/test.git
> git push -u origin master
>

> When i do the last step I enter my user name and password and it says
> fatal: authenticaion failed
>
> I am using the CORRECT username and password as if I go to my original
> helloworld directory and upload a new file it works fine
>
> I don't understand what I am doing fully,
>
> any ideas why it would say failed when I am following the steps given
>
> my new directory is as above so called test.
>
> Perhaps it would be useful for someone to go through things at a future
> meeting please
>
> thanks
>
> Paul

Ok thanks the above command list was pasted from the help thing,  what
is odd is that if I use ~/gitexamples/helloworld as directory it works,
the others ~/gitexamples/projects and ~/gitexamples/test are both on the
git server as i see them when I log in.

I will see if there are extra steps,

it just seems odd that a different repository on the same git hub
account doesn't work

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.