[LUG] BB outages

My BB is frequently US. If it happens in the evening (as it did last night) or at the weekend it normally remains out until around 7.45-8am on the first 'working' day and then comes back on and half an hour later I get a call saying the line has been tested and no fault found. My theory is that there is an alarm in the exchange and when someone comes in the reset/clear it... and then run the tests. Does anyone know of a router that can log things 'properly' at my end so I can swear at BT with confidence?
Tom te tom te tom