Re: [LUG] Post-wheezy debian apt-get update removes 'less' WTFFF

On 07/05/13 15:40, bad apple wrote:
On 07/05/13 11:39, Philip Hudson wrote:
What the subject says.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

I'm just about to do a vanilla install of the new Wheezy this afternoon
on my i5 as I churn through testing the raft of new OS releases: I'm not
doing an upgrade, so I'll report back in a bit and let you know if it's
installed as standard on a freshly built system. Because if it isn't
that would be *really* weird...

Regards

Ok, replying to myself after a fresh install of Debian Wheezy, amd64 flavour:

ghost@lostcat:~$ uname -a
Linux lostcat 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux
ghost@lostcat:~$ which less
/usr/bin/less

Ok, so far so good. But all is not completely well, apparently:

ghost@lostcat:~$ lsb_release -rc
Release:    unstable
Codename:    sid

Umm, what?

ghost@lostcat:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

Umm... No, I really have no idea about that.

Apart from that conspicuous weirdness, everything is exactly as I would expect. Apt-get is bitching a lot about missing firmware for my realtek eth0 for some reason though, despite already having installed firmware-linux* and firmware-realtek.

Strange.