[LUG] Specialties

In this group, is it a good idea for members to list what their speciality areas of help are?

If somebody has a problem, should they approach individuals, or use list/irc/forums to ask in a general way?

I'm not sure, but perhaps if nothing else, listing what you know well somewhere might helps others seeking help or at least promote discussion and "Oh, I've been wanting some help with XXX, can you lend a hand?" sort of thing?

Could go in individual profiles on website, or in a new section somewhere.

This could be a crap idea, of course, and all questions should go to the list first...

In case this is considered useful by the group, I'll list mine in no particular order;

Zoneminder; Ip cameras and PoE; One-wire; Weather stations, power usage, temperature and general monitoring and graphing; Perl;  Email / Antispam. Backuppc; Some SQL/Database and general sysadmin. Budget and consumer hardware.