[LUG] Booting from a USB memory stick - part 2

I have been doing some more playing around. Today I bought a new memory stick, just 4 Gb. I already have 2 sticks but they are formatted to Ext4. From my research it seems that for booting from a stick it must be formatted to FAT32.

Anyway, I already had an iso file downloaded so I used the program Startup Disk Creator to burn this to the memory stick. It all seemed to work and at the end I had the message that I could now use this to install the distro on a computer.

I tried as instructed, put the stick in a USB port and then restarted. The USB was not found. I went into the BIOS and changed the boot order to 1. Removable disk, 2 DVD drive and 3. HD.

Again the USB was not seen and I was back to my usual start screen. I have contacted the company who set up my computer and they tell me it should work. In fact they say that they always use a USB to install on the machines they set up.

Strange. Oh well, it looks like I have lost out on that one. Should I perhaps try the Unetboot package instead?

Neil