Re: [LUG] Free versus usurping [was: Another example of open vs closed source]

On 21/04/13 16:51, Simon Waters wrote:
> There is no need to assume inspectors of source code need be human.
>
> On the other hand if you've had one of those emails from David Wheeler you'll know
> it isn't quantity of inspectors that matter.

But these automated tools still need to be programmatically created,
checked and debugged by the very same human programmers from our pool of
~7 billion...

My (pedantic) point is only that it is impossible for the number of
source code checkers to have no upper limit. Cardinality and set theory
tell us that, as well as common sense!

Who's David Wheeler? Or I guess, which one? I googled but there are many
candidates with no particular one being the obvious one.

Regards