Re: [LUG] HTML5 DRM

On 17/04/13 18:49, Rob Beard wrote:
On 17/04/13 17:31, Kai Hendry wrote:
The BBC are the big proponents of DRM in HTML video. So the British
tax payer only has themselves to blame.
http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/open-enterprise/2013/02/bbc-attacks-the-open-web-gnulinux-in-danger/index.htm

Complain to BBC?

From what I've read the BBC are kinda being forced to use DRM as a requirement of the media companies who supply the BBC with some of the content (I'm sure I read somewhere that the majority of stuff broadcast on the BBC these days is from other suppliers which they don't hold the rights for).

Rob

Its strange, though, that the BBC doesn’t seem to have the wit to just DRM the stuff that needs DRMing ...
Tom te tom te tom