Re: [LUG] That "open source" stuff

On 15/04/13 16:56, bad apple wrote:
On 15/04/13 14:32, Philip Hudson wrote:
Ever feel like you've been swindled?

http://thebaffler.com/past/the_meme_hustler

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

Well, I read that entire bombastic article and the overwhelming
impression I came away with is that the people who write for "The
Baffler" aren't anywhere near as clever as they'd like to think they are.

Before IT came along I was an academic (Philosophy/Theology) so I have a
very highly tuned bullshit detector for that kind of thing, and it was
on full alert just a couple of paragraphs in. So, Tim O'Reilly is a bit
of a blowhard: who didn't know that already? I occasionally buy
technical books from that company because of their deserved reputation
in publishing technical documentation, not for any other reason, and
personally couldn't care less about their founder's spouting off in
conference-land, fondness for inventing new memes or political leanings.

That article had TL;DR all over it, should have followed my instincts
and actually not bothered reading it. Ah well.

Regards

I got as far as 'Steve Jobs ... Pope' of some similar crap and thought BS;DR; and if it had been on paper it would have hung in my outdoor loo.
Tom te tom te tom