Re: [LUG] recognise race numbers?

Yes.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6794372/localization-of-numbers-within-a-complex-scene-image

I didn't find this one first time.

Uploading everything to Evernote (or possibly Google or Facebook) might achieve it, but I'd rather do it in-house.

And FLOSS, of course.

On 14 April 2013 10:33, Martijn Grooten <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Given a good picture of one or more runners with race numbers clearly
> displayed, how could the numbers be automatically extracted so as to look
> them up on a list of runners?
>
> I don't seem to have hit the right search terms for Google.

OCR (optical character recognition).

Not sure how accurate most OCR tools are when there's a lot of
background 'noise' (people etc.) rather than just a plain white
background.

Martijn.

Adrian MidgleyÂÂ http://www.defoam.net/