Re: [LUG] Wifi setups for the wider community

In my experience (which isn't great I'll admit) I've found the easiest way to get Internet access around awkward properties is with powerline adapters. Not perfect I know, but tidier than cat5, and still easy to put an AP on the end if wifi absolutely necessary (tablets, phones etc.)

Not the very cheapest I know, but relatively hassle-free.

Adam

On 8 April 2013 11:20, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What do you think a bad wireless set-up is?

* No wireless ;)
* Wireless that doesn't stretch around the property, I guess that
involves stringing some cat5e around a bit
* A farmstead holiday home with a router password or some wierd login
page that logs you out between sessions