Re: [LUG] Wifi setups for the wider community

On 08/04/2013 11:48, Alec Jefford wrote:
Hmmm  let me think... er yes it probably is a bad idea.... lets see how many
groups will be popping around to help you with your philanthropic quest...:
Police (Crb check.)
Police (dogey person came to my door)
Irate husband (who was here today?)
Solicitor(it was working before he fiddled with it)
Data protection.Customer (i didn't know he had seen the records on the
playgroup database)
Password. Customer (now he knows the router password that we use on all our
e-mail and bank accounts)

I am sure there are others who will add much more imaginative suggestions ..
As you are aware..  NO GOOD DEED GOES UN PUNISHED
Buy a jigsaw be safe.....
Synical me .??  Alec :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Kai Hendry
Sent: 08 April 2013 11:15 AM
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] Wifi setups for the wider community

Hi there,

I'm back in Cornwall http://prazefarm.co.uk/ for the Ice Age as my
parents put it.

I've noticed a lot of bad wifi setups in holiday homes and what not,
and I was wondering if I should volunteer my services for free to help
set people setup their Internet connections at home for a month. Is
that a good idea?

Could be a case of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_road_to_hell_is_paved_with_good_intentions
though. Kind regards,