Re: [LUG] Asterisk Dialplans

On 03/04/13 21:55, Rob Beard wrote:
So basically I've been having a play around with Asterisk for the past couple of weeks. I originally tried some of the out of the box distros and found that they didn't really fit my needs. I'm running Asterisk on a server which is doing other things too and the server has an analogue card (with 2 FXO and 2 FXS ports) fitted which ruled out running it in a VM.

Why? Depends on the hardware, I run an * server on a VM.

I've found this online which seems to suggest it's a UK dialplan...

; to ZAP trunks
1XX (BT Services)
1XXX (1471,1571 etc)
08XXXXXXXX
08XXXXXXXXX

; to VoIP trunks
0[1-7]XXXXXXXXX
01452+XXXXXX

However I'm not sure what to do with it, do I treat it like an extension?

I mean, do I put something like...

exten => _0[1-7]XXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(DAHDI/3/${EXTEN})

to get it to dial over the BT line when it picks up a number starting with 01 to 07?

Also to confuse matters, the BT line is a feature line, so it needs a 9 to dial an outside line (regardless of if there is a PBX attached to the line or just a basic old telephone) and I wasn't sure how to tell Asterisk to dial the 9 before dialing any numbers.
exten => _0[1-7]XXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(DAHDI/3/9${EXTEN})

A bit old fashioned bit I prexfix everything with a 9 for an out side (have two lines, work and home, 4 is home 9 is work, work is a feature line. So my outdial is ...

work=dahdi/3
home=dahdi/4

for work
exten => _9.,1,verbose(dialing ${EXTEN} from ${work_no})
exten => _9.,n,Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=O-${EXTEN})
exten => _9.,n,MixMonitor(${MONITOR_FILENAME}.wav,bv(1))
exten => _9.,n,Dial(${work}/${EXTEN})

for home
exten => _4.,1,verbose(dialing ${EXTEN} from ${home_no}/${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _4.,n,Set(MONITOR_FILENAME=O-${EXTEN})
exten => _4.,n,MixMonitor(${MONITOR_FILENAME}.wav,bv(1))
exten => _4.,n,Dial(${home}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})
exten => _4.,n,Hangup

I could probably do something using the extension number the call originates from and then I could have something like...

exten => _7XXXXXX, 1, dial(${home}/${EXTEN}) #local numbers

exten => _0XXXXXXXXX, 1, dial($home}/$EXTEN}); #National numbers these can be 9 or 10 long so need another line.

exten => _00., 1, dial($home}/$EXTEN}); #International numbers

The advantage of using the specific number length is the dialplan will complete quickly, or at least it will with my sccp cisco phones.

http://www.area-codes.org.uk/formatting.php
looks useful

all looks pretty hard to me! So on reflection I might just stick with a 4 and a 9 since it is what I have and it works...

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use>   (O)  X<   ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\