Re: [LUG] bad apple: follow up and fall out

On 29/03/13 11:27, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:11:55 +0000
> bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello bad,
>
>> separate and isolated (VM) instance: I would be entirely unsurprised if
>> yahoo techies silently 'fix' the issue in the next few days by rolling
>> back the reams of accounts they surely know have been compromised. I'm
> My experience is that, should you contact them about it, they'll tell
> you that they have closed the account.  Don't bother asking them why, as
> they'll simply say "a breach of our terms and conditions, according to
> which we don't have to tell you what the breach was."
>
> In short, forget the account.  Go elsewhere, or open another yahoo
> account.

As the final (?) word on this, I'm fully locked out of the account now -
as I said previously, not only have the security questions changed, but
my password, which was sporadically working, is now categorically not
working at all. I've sent the requisite information to the relevant
yahoo admin section but have zero confidence in them acting on it in any
timely fashion, or even acting on it all.

Luckily the few important emails from it and my entire DCLUG folder are
locally archived so I have to simply draw a line under it at this point,
detach it from my Thunderbird instances and call it a day. Any further
contacts from ifindthatinteresting@xxxxxxxxx are from the botnet and not
me.

Thank god for disposable email accounts I guess. Crazy times...

Regards