Re: [LUG] More Raspberry woes.

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, JOHN DAVEY wrote:

Hi, last night I visited the Raspberry site where it reccomended I do an "sudo apt-get update" ans a "sudo apt-get upgrade" , now it won't boot into a graphical invironment. What have I done wrong ?

It's often a 3-stage process:

  apt-get update
  apt-get upgrade
  apt-get dist-upgrade

Raspbian is Debian Testing, so it's still in a state of flux and sometimes you need the dist-upgrade to fetch some newer files that aren't currently installed.

So assuming you can still login, then give that a go.

Raspbian doesn't normally start a GUI - unless you asked it to in the initial (or subsequent) raspi-config. If you can login then type

  startx

to get the GUI going.

If you can't login, then re-flash the SD card.

Gordon