Re: [LUG] No OS PC from Ebuyer

On 14/03/13 18:49, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013, Julian Hall wrote:

 FYI anyone needing/wanting a new PC..

Decent spec and price :)

http://www.ebuyer.com/407538-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1076

Double-check the processor+gpu - especially if you're planning on using Linux with it.

I have a similar motherboard: Cpuinfo say:

model name      : AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

and it isn't yet supported by the opensource (nor closed source when I
last checked) drivers. Works fine as a dumb framebuffer, but that's it.

Gordon

I've got one (at least I think its that one) and managed to get the graphics working - after a bit of a slog. Easyish when you know how.

Fans a bit noisy but seems pretty good value.
Tom te tom te tom