Re: [LUG] graphical front end to a game

On 13/03/13 22:53, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

Just been playing prboom which is a clone of the doom game from about
1993,  if you remember doom it had loads of command line options, in
addition the dos version had a nice gui type interface in dos that you
clicked on certain options and it would pass these to the game for example

doom -warp13 -respawn would start doom,  warp to e1m3 and respawn monsters,

so the gui would allow you to set these options,  hit OK and then have
it pass the specified arguments (??) to the game.

I want to do something similar,   but am not sure on the best software
to do this,  I can use a nice xorg type gui program OR something like
ncurses which will work on the command line and from a window,  the
latter would be better.

any suggestions welcome, and YES i have googled but never having done
this before would like a suggestion as to what i can use.

It needs to be fairly simple,

Paul

Um... just a wild guess but maybe you could try doing a Perl or Python script? Could be a fun way of learning the language.

Other than that Gambas might do the job (it's kind of like an equivalent to Visual Basic but on Linux).

Rob