Re: [LUG] Low Powered Computers

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Simon Avery wrote:

(All bets are off if you have running water though. I really wish I
had a good stream and some gravity! Cheap, reliable and
low-maintenance power!)

I have a good stream, but no gravity...

http://unicorn.drogon.net/deanBurn4.jpg

That's actually lookup up from my gate, but looking the other way isn't much better.

Of course where I was standing was 2m under water in November, but that's quite rare...

Anyone tried those in-water propellor units? They don't generate much, but it might be enough to pwoer some 12v systems in my garden (which is 50m from the house, so getting mains there is an issue)

Gordon