Re: [LUG] Enterprise print service

On 13/02/13 04:55, Kai Hendry wrote:
On 13 February 2013 03:37, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think it's more a case of "what do you want it to do? "
It was more of a potential client's question that I was fielding out
here in dcglug. :-)
https://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1302&L=WEB4LIB&F=&S=&P=38371

Wondering if there was a drop in solution for libraries and the sort.
I guess like most opensource things, it needs a bit of coaxing.

While it does look like that one of the 'problems' with opensource is it tries to solve the problem and not a sometimes very limited subset of the problem. There are lots of switches and bells and whistles because there is, somewhere, a requirement for lots of switches and bells and whistles.
Tom te tom te tom