Re: [LUG] google accounts

Ok, thanks so why is it that on this page

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FManageAccount

under username,  it seems to suggest I need @gmail.com,  most services
are happy with a normail user name set up or using a users e-mail as the
user name, il address.   I just sign in with my

I'll have another look at it

Paul

On 09/02/13 12:31, Neil Stone wrote:

> Nope, you can use your zleap.net <http://zleap.net> email accounts.
>
> On Feb 9, 2013 12:08 PM, "paul sutton" <zleap@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:zleap@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Is it now a requirement you need a @gmail address to sign up with
>     google,  i just use my normai e-mail domain address as in a
>     @zleap.net <http://zleap.net>
>     account.  my dad is trying to sign up to google play and it seems
>     googles policy is forcing the use of gmail,
>
>     any ideas on if the policy has changed?
>
>     paul
>
>     --
>

>     --
>     http://drupal.zleap.net
>     skype : psutton111
>     http://www.linkedin.com/pub/paul-sutton/36/595/911
>
>     http://www.raspberrypi.org
>     http://www.ubuntu.com
>
>     I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and
>     vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am
>     involved with to share this commitment.
>

>     --

so why does it say user name @gmail.com and insist that this field must
be filled in