[LUG] virtual box and users set in their ways

Hi all
can any one see any pitfalls in the following idea!
My Father is VERY set in his ways with XP
I have tried to get him on to Linux for 8 years with no success, instead
he wants to run XP with MS outlook and Word 6 etc.
He uses Fortran in the command line and has his Env set up and wants no
changes....

So I think if we get him a new PC (his one has a Mobo error
intermittently) I am going to Put Linux as a host OS
Cut the Desktop down to Just a Virtual box shortcut to run Virtual XP
Transfer his data with File Setting and Transfer Wizard and install his
old stuff to achieve a XP PC he is familiar with but should last
( barring sw errors) for another 6 years.
The up side is he gets a powerful system and I can allocate 2GIG to his
XP which currently has only 1 GIG, so the same but better?

He has all his own OS Disks and I have know the Xp license will still
work, so I might even tempt him to browse the web in Linux as he is one
of the worst people for "clicking" on all those shiny "Fix your PC now"
type links.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)