Re: [LUG] An observation on wordpress and scripted attacks

Further to this, I spent ten minutes amending wp-login.php so that it
logs attempts on this domain.

Following are less than a day's attempts to log into what is
essentially a parked wordpress site with no real traffic. I see a lot
of phishing attempts which have wp paths, this is one of the ways they
get in. I imagine the automation would extend to posting a fake bank
login page and then firing off a bunch of emails from the compromised
site too.

Some interesting patterns in here.

http://dpaste.com/915913/