Re: [LUG] Weird networking problem

On 03/02/13 19:21, Mark Evans wrote:

Its an AR5212/AR5213 Wireless Network Adapter.
When I first installed the machine I tried to use a USB wireless adapter that wasnt supported so had to plug in eth0. Due to the position of the machine the USB wasnt reliable so I installed the above PCI card (wlan1 now) which would, at random times, work perfectly on boot, not work at all or pop up 10 or fifteen minutes later almost irrelevant of any commands I tried to get it working. I modified /etc/networking/interfaces so wlan1 was auto but then it would pop up a message on boot saying it wasn’t installing networking and then wipe it out before it could be read and not write it to any file or log I could find and then not boot any further. I've just re-installed from scratch using the above PCI card from the start and so far everything is fine. I have a feeling they've simplified the networking to the point of not expecting any changes after install
Tom te tom te tom te tom