Re: [LUG] network tools and windows

I believe they may be subject to being removed from the default installation, but they are always installable from the Windows Programs & Features thing.

Grant

----- Reply message -----
From: "paul sutton" <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LUG] network tools and windows
Date: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 22:33

Hi

Just wondered if windows still had tools such as whois,  netstat,  ping,
nslookup included,  I am asking as one of the rugby club members asked
me who owns the paigntonrugby.co.uk domain,  being a linux user I used
whois,  and got the answer easily,  (well sort of, got a company
name,but no other details such as address)  just wondered if these tools
are in windows,  i had heard some were being removed.

thanks

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.ubuntu.com

I am committed to safeguarding chidlren, young people and vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.