Re: [LUG] OT: Odd email problem

 On 21/01/2013 12:35, Julian Hall wrote:
 Hi All,

This is pretty well off-topic but I thought I'd throw it out and see if anyone had ideas on it.

I have a friend who has a *.ntlworld.com email address from prior to Virginmedia taking over. He is unable to originate email to my domain *.kaotic.co.uk from it directly, meaning he can send them but they never arrive, and he doesn't get any error prior to sending. However if I email him from my domain he *can* reply successfully.

There is never a bounced mail back to him, nor do they arrive in my email box. The domain provider doesn't have a clue and due to the fact emails just disappear, it's impossible to check headers to see where it's been.

Kind regards,

Julian

Typical.. after over a year of aggravation, the very day I ask for suggestions the damn thing decides it's fixed...

Julian