Re: [LUG] strange behaviour with my machine.

--- On Sun, 20/1/13, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] strange behavior with my machine.
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, 20 January, 2013, 12:08

What happens why you try to boot without the new kb and mouse plugged in?

Is "Use USB Legacy" (or something like it) enabled in BIOS? Is "Removable drive" higher than the HDD in the boot order?

USB peripherals can sometimes play silly buggers, and I've seen keyboards with sd card readers inside them that act as a remote drive and the PC tries to boot off them.

I havn't checked anything in the BIOS to do with legacy. I'm sure that the hdd is at the top of the boot list. I can't boot into the system with the new kb and mouse plugged in because then I can't write my password in. I may try to boot again with the new wireless kb and mouse plugged in. I HOPING THIS WASN'T THE MISTAKE I was making. (sorry caps is behaving strangly on my kb at the moment).
CHEERS Jon Davey