Re: [LUG] A windows user rescued.... new blog post - please cast your eyes over it...

On 09/01/13 15:35, Neil Winchurst wrote:

By the way, meant to say.... I see that you have chosen the Xfce version
for your friend. Great, IMHO the best desktop for a new Linux user. I
have installed it for my daughter and my wife and they have had no
problems. I used to use KDE myself, for a long time, but I thought it
was unnecessarily bloated for their needs.

In fact, I have now installed Xubuntu on my desktop so we are all using
Xfce now. And I am very pleased with it.

Now to try to find some friends to convert .....!!

Neil

XFCE is growing on me, I was a bit disappointed that Mint seemed to stop doing the really lightweight LXDE version. Haven't tried Xubuntu in a long time but with Mint XFCE you get all the Minty polish with a distro that absolutely flies on mid range (circa 2006 ish) hardware.

Rob