Re: [LUG] A windows user rescued.... new blog post - please cast your eyes over it...

On 09/01/13 14:38, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 12:38:18 +0000
Roland Tarver<roland.tarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello Roland,

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/windowsUserRescuedByLinuxMint
Late on there's this bit;

"I am certainly no expert at any of this stuff,  but I would dammed if I
could not get a simple install done."

'Dammed' should be 'damned'.  The former being what happens to a river
once a beaver gets at trees, of course.  Having said that, I'd probably
rewrite the sentence to avoid the word 'damned' altogether.

Hi Brad,

Very well spotted. Thank you.

As you suggest pseudo-swear words are best avoided. I have re-worded the sentence.

Many thanks
roly :-)