Re: [LUG] Operating Systems We Have Known And Loved (And Hated)

Oh, and thanks to everyone for the replies on the mostly older systems
you've used, that was really interesting to read. Surprised how many of
you have used PDPs in anger!

This might surprise you Kai, but I agree with you again: Plan9 is really
something special. I keep a VM running it and have the Plan9 userland
installed on all my main workstations. It's a work of mad, mad genius. I
have actually deployed it once and once only as a WORM archive for a
slightly odd client with very odd requirements. One of my biggest
jealous moments was reading an interview with some lucky, lucky people
tasked with porting Plan9 to the IBM BlueGene supers. I'd really like
that job...

http://doc.cat-v.org/plan_9/blue_gene/

Cheers

PS: if any of you have, or can get access to, or have an employer who
wants to offload *any* VAX hardware, I can get there in 5 seconds flat.
I own or have owned almost everything else but I've never had a VAX and
I'd dearly, dearly love to get my hands on one. VMS is yet another
operating system that I know I really should hate, but I just can't help
myself really liking it.