Re: [LUG] puppet

On 06/01/13 17:15, bad apple wrote:
On 06/01/13 14:04, Philip Hudson wrote:
Anyone got any experience to share using `puppet'? I think I'm going
to have to learn it, and it looks... large.

I use it pretty much all day, every day. I don't think I could function
without it. I also use chef and WSUS but Puppet is the nicest of the lot.

The resources on their website are really great, tons of documentation
and walk throughs and even a VM you can download and start playing with
immediately. Highly recommended.

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/

Regards

I've had a look at the web site and it says about automation, and being able to have 10 clients with the free Enterprise version, but I'm wondering if the Open Source version is any good or is it one of those things where if you want the nice features you either have to code them yourself or pay for the enterprise version?

Rob