Re: [LUG] Diaspora advocacy

On 04/01/13 16:32, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On 04/01/13 14:03, Philip Hudson wrote:
>> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columms/why_you_should_join_diaspora_now_your_freedom_depends_it
>>

>> --
>> Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
>> @UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63
>>

> Interesting. I heard about Diaspora a while ago and somehow managed to
> sign up. Since then I have never been able to log on to my account. I
> thought it looked interesting and I have never gone near FB or Twitter.
>

> Neil

I agree,  just followed a link,  to https://joindiaspora.com/

enter e-mail, user name and password

press sign up

nothing happens or suggested the avove even worked in fact i get taken
back to the same screen

click login button at the top
enter uid / password and it fails

Sorry but that is a BIG FAIL

Its bad on the free software community,  Facebook / Google+ for all
their faults WORK  this fails.

Before you flame me on this lets look at it this way

I am trying to suggest to a facebook using friend to use a network that
protects your data / privacy etc,   try https://joindiaspora.com/

they go there,  and get what I just described and give up and leave with
a bad impression

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111