Re: [LUG] Ubuntu phone

Never existed before, one platform for all computing? er.. the Web surely?

Must say the video is interesting: http://youtu.be/cpWHJDLsqTU
http://s.natalian.org/2013-01-03/1357172724_1366x768.png
Like how can it have so many likes but only 300 views?

I wonder how they've implemented the Web stack. Is it FirefoxOS?

I have trouble understanding the "convergence" proposition. The Ubuntu
UI looks different across their devices. Only thing the same is
perhaps the colour scheme.
Worried all those swiping actions will be a fiddly, compared to say
the IOS experience. Dedicated button. Holding it allows you to delete
or reboot. Double allows you to switch.

They bang on about security, but how is it different to Android? I
they going to pander to "the Industry" and become the next Oracle
monster?

Really interesting to watch nonetheless and I wish them luck. Just
wish the vision was little more focused. :)