Re: [LUG] Website Stats please...

quote
I'm not a computer professional or sysop, just a user who prefers Linux.
Am I part of the target membership?

Among my collection of computing bits and pieces I have a dual boot laptop running Xubuntu and WindowsXP purely because The Open University keep sending course software that includes macros in Excel spreadsheets ... and they will not open in Libre Office.
All other documents are useable as provided, so if that one requirement is removed, the Windoze partition will go with it.

I suspect I'm not alone in having a small Windoze 'legacy' on at least one machine, for just such situations.
Luckily I don't often get asked to sort out other people's computer problems (usually caused by viruses or hacking attempts). Requests for help are usually met with a smug grin and "Well I use Linux, so I don't have those sorts of problem. You should try it"

Jimbo
unquote

20130101
Welcome and you are very much part of target  members I think.
Like you, a  Windows  machine needed for some contacts with others, totally tied to MS software.
So I need at least one machine on MS Windows.

regards

Eion MacDonald