[LUG] UFEI BOOT

http://www.out-law.com/page-5811

The above link is to the Law on anti-competition,  given that the MS
dominated UFEI boot issue is locking out Linux or has the potential to
lock out linux without using complex work arounds

With specific reference to this

Abuse of a dominant market position (Chapter II / Article 102 prohibition)

Both UK and EU competition law prohibit businesses with significant
market shares unfairly exploiting their strong market positions.

If MS are seen by people here as breaching this aspect of the law adn
there is a consensus here that we agree and that I have not mis
interpreted something then we have a good cause to not only write to our
local MPs,  but we can make a strong case for something,  and hopefully
get the issue sorted however.

We also need to be clear as to what we want,  clearly UFEI has its +
points however when combined with a company who abuse it,  to gain more
market share,  then those + points become somewhat negated.  So do the
community want to be able to simply boot alternative Operaing systems
freely without restrictions but retain the new boot technology

If we are concerned about this,  then people will bother to write to
MP's  taking about it here WILL NEVER get the issue solved,   action will

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org