Re: [LUG] Dell, doing linux wrong

On 30/11/12 09:37, Simon Avery wrote:
It's great that Dell are putting linux on their laptop (US sales only,
as far as I can see) - but when doing so costs the user $50 more than
the same laptop running Windows, you have to question what they're
thinking...

Full story;

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/29/dell-xps-13-ubuntu-laptop/

There's no questioning required. MS have asked them to do this so they can say there is no demand for Linux so MS can say UEFI everywhere....
I'll never buy Dell again whatever they do.
Tom te tom te tom