Re: [LUG] Android tablet

No,  it hasn't got worse.  While a healthy dose of paranoia might be good a lot of permissions are standard.  It has to have internet access, it has to controll Wi-Fi or 3g ,it Samsung for permisson to access contacts to sync, but that one you can turn off.  I keep my contacts separated from all apps.
I see people panic when installing a keyboard app.  The os  pops up a warning that sensitive data can be collected.  Well yeah,  all keyboards do that or they won't work properly.  Just make sure with any app it's not written by some dodgy resident of a country you don't trust.  I think Skype is big enough and well known enough to be "relatively" safe.

Ray