Re: [LUG] apt-p2p

On 27/11/12 14:24, Philip Hudson wrote:
> Anyone using this or DebTorrent?
>
> http://www.camrdale.org/apt-p2p/
>
> Doesn't seem any less secure than plain old non-p2p apt-get AFAICT.
> Should be helpful both to mirrors and to fellow users.
>
> --
> Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
> @UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

No. Failed project. From the website:

Last edited Tue Apr 6 18:10:15 2010

Debtorrent site:

Last edited Mon 03 Sep 2007 12:25:39 AM UTC

This should tell you all you need to know. Sure, website updates !=
project livelihood, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

It was obviously a stupid idea in the first place. There is a reason why
multiple and official high-speed official (and geographically situated
CDNs) mirrors and torrent archives exist. Use them.

Doesn't seem any less secure than plain old non-p2p apt-get AFAICT.

Holy crap, where do I even begin. Just stick to the basics chief. Your
torrent bandwidth/ratios are best served doing other things.

Cheers