Re: [LUG] iplayer and debian

On 26/11/12 17:59, m.dinsmore wrote:
> I hate to disagree with Mr bad apple again...
>
> Install Chrome on Ubuntu or debian (if you install libcurl3), type in
> www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer it just works, no fiddling around, no installing flash.

Disagree away, no problem!

I should clarify a little: technically, Chrome is fine. All suckiness is
privacy related - if you're not the sort to worry about that kind of
thing, Chrome is actually pretty decent.

Flash is actually included in Chrome itself, which is why you don't need
to install the flash-plugin package separately.

Has anyone else noticed that relatively recently, get-iplayer no longer
gets flashhd content from the BBC? I used to get nature documentaries
with "--modes=flashhd" but have to settle for flashvhigh these days.
Very annoying.

Regards