Re: [LUG] D-Link DWA-125 and the pi

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012, Brown Richard wrote:

Hi

Can anybody tell me how I might get the above wireless usb adapter working with the pi please? Plenty of forums telling me of problems getting it working but very few on saying I got it working!

Maybe time to look at one that does wirk without problems then...

The first Pi problem you may encounter is that the Rev 1 boards can only supply < 140mA to the USB ports and a lot of Wi-Fi adapters need much more than that, so use a powered USB hub, or better still a bit of cat-5 cable...

Gordon