Re: [LUG] temperature sensors for Raspberry Pi brewery controller

On 9 November 2012 15:09, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am puzzled by this - many plastic wrapped kitchen probes offer 0.1%
> accuracy but are not suitable for automating but no-one seems to produce a
> suitable probe at anywhere near the price...

I'm calling out on the accuracy figure I think its total lies. 0.1% of
what as well, full scale deflection or reading? A class A RTD is not
even 0.1% at 100 degrees,and that's with a full four wire sense and i
expect the RTD costs more than the kitchen probe retail price.

> I think a hammer may be required.....
> I want 0.1c resolution for OCD reasons as much as anything - though I will
> conduct beer mashing at that kind of accuracy out of interest...

I believe the 0.1 resolution, resolution is easy. Accuracy, linearity
and repeatability much harder.