Re: [LUG] OT: SCSI drives

On 08/11/12 13:24, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 8 Nov 2012, Rob Beard wrote:

Hi folks,

This is a bit off topic, but a friend of mine runs a college radio station on some really old (16 years or so old) kit. He has a machine that the hard drive has started to fail on.

The machine uses Ultra Wide SCSI drives (with 68 pin connectors). I wondered before we start scouring eBay if anyone might possibly have any old SCSI drives like this kicking around that they might want to get shot off either ideally free or cheaply?

I've recently axed a bundle ... (As in physically destroyed them with an axe)

However there's this old server I have which has 5 x 36GB ones in it...

Gordon

Gordon,

Will you be at the Exeter LUG meeting tomorrow evening? I'm going to be there with my car so I could pick the server up then if that's any good?

Rob