Re: [LUG] Fwd: Data move 'vital' to gang fight (relevant to the Linux security thread I think?)

On 02/11/12 13:32, Julian Hall wrote:
>  'Government plans to monitor all Britons' online activity will help
> police to infiltrate criminal gangs, Parliament is told.'

The usual excuse for snooping on us. The vast majority of people in this
country are law abiding. So the government want to be able to snoop on
*all* internet users to give them the chance to catch the few who are
criminal. And the other excuse is terrorist activity of course. Use that
word and they can excuse anything is how they work it.

Neil