Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK government backs open IT rules

 On 02/11/2012 17:21, Simon Avery wrote:
On 2 November 2012 12:27, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     Government technology projects must now consider open standards
    to help cut costs and improve collaboration across departments,
    says the Cabinet Office.

Interesting, and good news.

Actually, it's a little better than you word it, Julian. "Consider" is a weasel word that allows you to ignore anything before it, including "Must".

But the news report says "must comply", which is altogether stronger. Let's hope they draw up decent standards this time.
I just copied the summary as it appeared in my RSS feed - blame the BBC for that ;) I agree with you Simon that the actual report's wording is much stronger.

Julian