Re: [LUG] Broadband take down

On 26/10/12 19:00, Simon Avery wrote:
> try not
> to repeat whatever it was that might have caused the first one to drop you
This is of course the elephant in the room... if the gentleman in
question knows he's in the wrong (serial pirate, reseller of dubious
items/services, distributor of porn/unlicensed material, etc) then he's
screwed and it's his own fault. It will get a lot more interesting if
he's merely the recipient of a fraudulent DMCA claim (I know the DMCA is
American, I'm not sure what our equivalent is here in the UK) or has
somehow got caught up in some other fallout from our labyrinthine and
hopelessly unjust legal system.

We're simply going to have to depend on Tom for more information it
seems. I'm not going to disagree with you that legal help is going to be
expensive either - probably ruinously. And that contracts tend to be
ludicrously one-sided these days as well. He's not in a good situation,
that's for sure...

Regards