[LUG] Talk at Open Shed

On Wednesday 24 October, from 6:30, Maurice "Sam" Weller is going to
talk to us about early digital computers.

Sam was involved with the little-known (because secret) MOSAIC
computer in the early 1950s
(http://www.alanturing.net/turing_archive/archive/index/mosaicindex.html).
 He was also involved in the design and specification of CORAL
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_66), an Algol-inspired language
aimed at real-time applications.

He's a lively and entertaining speaker, and a link to what we must now
see as a formative period in the history of our culture.  Who could
have predicted where his and his colleagues' work would lead?

Everyone's welcome, and we'll lay on some refreshments.  Location:
Open Shed, Casuewayhead, Penzance.  I hope we get a good turn-out.

David