Re: [LUG] Debian Stable - Entangle - glibc too low a version

On 04/10/12 13:54, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Given
>
> configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.26.0) were not met:
>
> Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.26.0' but version of GLib is 2.24.2
>
> How can I most safely give the program what it wants to compile and
> run, without upsetting the rest of the installation?

Depends what you mean by safely.

At this point if I wanted to install it I'd probably upgrade the PC to
Wheezy, but it obviously depends what else is on it and what it does.
Practice management system - probably not - Adrian's laptop definitely.

But then I'm running Wheezy on home and work desktops so I have glibc 2.32

Almost certainly the dependency is not a requirement, but a reflection
of the default build environment, so you can probably build from source,
or rebuild the package from the source bundle after tweaking. But then
you'll probably have to poke around when Wheezy is released to install
the packaged copy so why wait?

Of course we don't have a release date for Wheezy, but given it has been
frozen for a while, and has fewer release critical bugs than stable.....
Of course release critical bugs aren't all equal in nature.

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/