Re: [LUG] Dual Boot Windows 7

On 12/09/12 19:02, adam.latham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Quite a tirade, but in fairness, expected and invited so no-need for you
> to feel any regret.  No harm, no foul.
>
> I have no problem with your view, or your advice.  However, I don't do
> drone and I enjoy treading the path less travelled.
>
> I'm not an IT worker (thankfully!!) just someone who doesn't subscribe
> to hysterical corporate ravings, and has enough knowledge to use my
> computer for what I want.
>
> I don't hold any fear of the internet.
>
> I applaud your security consciousness and can utterly appreciate that
> people who don't take it as 'seriously' as you (for want of better words)
> would drive you nuts!
>
> My response is simply this:  your diatribe may well be entirely accurate
> and justified - who am I to argue?  However, if my driving instructor
> fom many years ago decided to illuminate me with such a critique, I
> would tell him where to get off.  My car, my license, my problem.
>
> I bought my computers, I know 'just enough to be a danger to myself
> and others', I pay for my Broadband, my problem.
>
> The thread was originally about a Windows Update breaking a debian
> install/partition/dual boot.  Shall we stick to that and move on?
>
> The bit about not knowing me from adam was very funny - I had a loud
> chuckle!
>
> I agree entirely with you in everything you say.  But I'm happy plodding
> on regardless, old pal, just the way I like it, and I shall be utterly
> ignoring your very informative, thorough and accurate advice.
>
> The path less travelled, dear friends.

Well, apparently I was right about one thing - despite our obvious
disagreements about IT security, you do indeed seem to be a very nice man.

These days, especially on the internet, people tend to take grave
offence about everything, let alone after a thorough savaging like that.
I highly suspect that you are more mature than me (maybe it's the family
- I'm a stereotypical single hacker). I wish you the best of luck on
your less-travelled road as you've obviously thought it through, made
your bed, and are quite happy lying in it. More power to you.

If by any miracle I decide to break cover and actually attend a LUG
meeting, I shall buy you a beer.

Well played sir.

Cheers!