Re: [LUG] /etc/hosts

On 07/09/12 10:16, tom wrote:
> On 06/09/12 12:40, Dan Dart wrote:
>> You can put as many duplicate IP entries and as many hostnames to an
>> entry that you like.
>>
>> e.g.:
>>
>> 127.0.0.1 mymachine localhost foo bar
>> 127.0.0.1 somesite
>> 10.0.0.1 myevilrouter
>>
>> so then you can refer to any of these using a program that accepts
>> hostnames and they'll be resolved for you.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dan
>>
> I'd also add a localhost.com (or.co.uk) to 127.0.0.1 as this makes
> setting up mail much easier later - things like drupal haven’t the wit
> to allow mail@localhost when configuring and sending yourself mail
> when errors happen is a good thing to do.
> Tom te tom te tom

Thanks, localhost is already included so have left in,  there is some
IPv6 stuff in there too, so just lefct it and added ip's / names for the
devices on the network.

I just need to sync the file across the network now of course. Once the
list is complete.

Pail

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111