Re: [LUG] minimalist android phone

On 23/08/12 14:23, Ray Smith wrote:
I just recently got a new Giff Gaff sim because Orange data bundles are a
rip off.
£10 for one month gives unlimited data, unlimited texts and 200 minutes to
any network. Not that I'm affiliated, just think it's a pretty good deal for
when wifi isn't available.
Having said that, O2 have an option whereby if you top up by £10 they
provide 500mb of data.

Ray

I can also recommend Giffgaff... my middle daughter is on it and for £5 a month she get 60 minutes of calls and 300 texts, and for every minute someone calls her she gets another minute. It's ideal for her basic Nokia phone (a 2G feature phone) which she doesn't need Internet access on. When she's older I'm planning on getting her a better phone (or maybe giving her my old Galaxy S when I upgrade eventually) and then I can put her on the £10 a month bundle.

I'm even mulling over getting an O2 3G modem and bunging a Giffgaff SIM in there.

Rob