Re: [LUG] minimalist android phone

I just picked up a HTC Explorer a few weeks ago and I'd hapily recommend it. Cost me Â80 to buy outright (still locked to Vodafone though) and it does everything I expect from a smartphone. The camera isn't great, but you won't get a good camera in a cheap smartphone. The only real downside I'd say is that the internal memory is really small, a problem exasperated by Vodafone filling what little you have with stupid demos for games that you can't uninstall by default.

Having said that, once you root your phone, you can rip all that nonsense off and install "link2sd" which allows you to create a partition on your SD card and treat it as internal memory.