[LUG] In the market for a wireless internet video camera

Hi guys,

Someone nicked my dad's power tools and now my father wants more CCTV
around the farm. Ideally a camera would simply record the number
plates of cars coming up and down the drive way, end of.

I already have a http://www.y-cam.com/y-cam-knight-s/ and it's pretty
good except that I hate how it can't HTTP post[1], so I have to
maintain a FTP service for it on my server.
[1] https://github.com/kaihendry/FTP2.0/blob/master/upload.php

It's also a little pricey for what it is: ~135GBP and the picture
quality is URGH. http://cam.dabase.com

Can you twist my arm to get a Rasberry PI? I see a few problems with this:
* bottlenecks mentioned before
* it can't do wireless, or useful stuff like PoE
* which webcam?
* how do I get into a neat package? bit of work needed here
* Don't really have time. Doh.

Kind regards,